Send a Test Alert
1. Locate the Symbol
Open your Symbol List (CTRL+U), and locate “EURUSD”. The specific symbol to use is on the left (see red boxes in the examples below).
2. Create a TradingView Alert
On the right column of your TradingView terminal, click the second icon to access alerts.
Click the clock with the + logo to create an alert.
3. Configure the Alert
Modify the alert whereby:
- Greater than
- Value: 0
- Webhook URL:
- Change “LicenseID” to the License ID found in your Licensing Dashboard
- Change “Symbol” based on Step (1)
- i.e: 6423871357141,buy,EURUSD,risk=1
Click “Create” once the above is configured.
4. Check Alerts Log
Check that the alert has fired. Fired alerts are recorded in the Alerts Log.
5. Check your MetaTrader terminal
On the “Trade” tab at the bottom of your MT4/5 terminal, you should see a buy EURUSD open with 1 lot — assuming default Volume Type EA setting.
On the “Experts” tab, you may see the alert message getting processed based on your current EA settings.