Free Scripts Library
Send a Manual or Test Alert
This example will guide you through the process of sending a test alert from TradingView to purchase 1 lot of EURUSD on your MetaTrader terminal.
1. Find the Symbol
To find the "EURUSD" symbol, open your Symbol List by pressing CTRL+U. The symbol to be used is located on the left side (as shown in the red boxes in the examples below).
2. Create a TradingView Alert
This ticker has been found to be mostly active, even on weekends.
To access alerts, click the second icon in the right column of your TradingView terminal.
To create an alert, click on the clock with the + symbol.
3. Configure the Alert
Modify the alert whereby:
Greater Than Value: 0
Webhook URL: https://pineconnector.net/webhook/
LicenseIDwith the License ID obtained from your Licensing Dashboard.
- The License ID is a string of numbers starting with 6, such as 60123456789.
Symbolaccording to Step (1)
- It should be along the lines of “EURUSD”
- Avoid adding any spaces between commas in the message.
Click “Create” once the above is configured.
- When the alert is enabled, it will trigger only once.
- The alert will be delivered to the PineConnector server.
- The alert will include a message to purchase 1 lot of EURUSD, using the specified License ID.
4. Verify Alert Triggers
After setting up an alert, it's important to verify that it has been triggered. This can be done by checking the Alerts Log, where all fired alerts are recorded.
5. Confirm Signal Receipt
In your members area, you should see a new entry for the signal you just generated, with a timestamp of when our server received the signal and when the EA opened the message.
6. Confirm Trade Execution
In your MetaTrader terminal, check the "Trade" tab at the bottom to confirm that a buy order for 1 lot of EURUSD has been executed, assuming that the default Volume Type EA setting has been used.
In the "Experts" tab, you can observe the processing of the alert message based on your EA settings.